This is a very soft announcement for a new book I have coming out at the end of the summer. It’s currently untitled but is being edited as I write this.
The book is an collection of the best articles on the Praxis blog with a title essay and introduction by me.
Why the new book? There are many reasons but the main one is that the Praxis blog has had hundreds of thousands of readers and has changed thousands of lives over the years. Blogs are not the best way to interact with old material however. Great articles get lost in the archives and new articles get pushed off the main page quickly. I hope with this new book I’ll be able to deliver the material to a larger audience around the world.
Though I don’t have room for much more material, I would love to include an article or two from Praxis participants. That’s why I’m opening up a sort of submission contest.
If you’d like to become a published author, submit an original article to the Praxis blog within the next week. You’ll be published as a contributor to the book, which will be available in paperback.
If you’re interested, here are a few loose guidelines:
– I’d like articles to be at least 1,500 words in length
– Articles should be focused broadly on either Education, Careers, or Success & Mindset
– The material should be actionable and original and draw on your own experiences as a young professional and self educator. Don’t try to be 40 before you’re 40. Write something valuable for someone who is in your shoes or who wants to be.
– I’m available to do a few minor edits of quality submissions but I’m not available to answer further questions about the submission process, what counts, etc etc. Trust yourself 🙂
– One extra standard for judging is this: I’ll be taking into account things like digital paper trails and online brands to ensure contributors can add value to the book marketing as well as be a quality representive of its message.
I’ll select 1 or 2 articles for inclusion in the book. If there are more quality submissions, we’ll publish them on the Praxis blog and they will be eligible for a future expanded edition or a second book.
To submit an article, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org within the next two weeks (earlier the better!).